Free Printable Garden Scavenger Hunt for Kids
If you’re looking for a fun activity to keep your kids entertained in the garden, then why not try a scavenger hunt? I’ve created a free printable Garden Scavenger Hunt that is perfect for exploring all the different wonders of nature. Give it a try and see how much fun your kids have!
Is your little one constantly asking for something fun to do? Or are you and your kids stuck in a rut of the same old activities and need something new? If so, you’re in luck. Today I’m sharing a free printable garden scavenger hunt that you can use with your kids in the garden.
The garden scavenger hunt is perfect for kids of all ages – no reading required! The goal is simple—find as many items as possible on the list. The list contains both common items like flowers and seed packets, as well as items that may be harder to spot like bees or spiders. Even if you don’t have a lot of space in your yard, there is still plenty of room for a scavenger hunt! Get creative; look up into the trees, under rocks, or in the grass. Before long, your kids will be seeing things they never noticed before.
Plus, gardening with kids is such a great way to spend time learning and working together.
This activity helps kids appreciate nature by teaching them to observe their surroundings more closely. It also encourages physical activity by providing an incentive to explore different parts of the garden.
This free printable scavenger hunt has been specifically designed with kids in mind—it’s straightforward and easy-to-use so that moms can focus on having fun with their kids rather than worrying about organizing complex activities.
What’s Included in this Garden Scavenger Hunt?
You’ll find lots of things to look for in the garden on this free printable scavenger hunt. It’s perfect homeschoolers, classroom use, or as a fun activities for moms to do with their kids.
- a bird
- fruit tree
- flower pots
- honey bee
- seed packets
- rubber boots
- potting table
- potting soil
How Can I Use this Garden Scavenger Hunt with My Kids?
This garden scavenger hunt is perfect for getting your kids outside and active during those long summer days. Here are a few ideas on how to get started:
1. Download the free printable from our website and print it out before heading to the park or garden.
2. Take turns looking for items on the list until everything has been found.
3. Print a copy for each child and give them each a pencil or crayon and clip board. If you want to make it a race, you can say the first child to find everything on the list wins.
4. When your child finds an item on the list, have them explain what they found and what they can observe about it – this helps teach kids about nature identification, too!
5. At the end of your adventure reward yourself by having a picnic lunch!
This Garden Scavenger Hunt for Kids lists all sorts of items that can be found in the garden, and your kids will have a blast searching for them. From flowers and trees to everyday outdoor items like gloves and flower pots, your children are sure to have a blast discovering all the hidden treasures waiting for them in the garden.
Why are scavenger hunts fun for kids?
Scavenger hunts are a great activity for kids because it gives them an opportunity to explore their surroundings, get some exercise and learn about nature. It also provides a fun way to test their observational skills and encourages them to think creatively in order to find all the items on the list.
How are scavenger hunts educational?
Scavenger hunts are an educational activity as well. Not only can kids learn about nature by identifying the items on the list, but they can also learn important problem-solving skills such as planning and strategizing in order to most efficiently find all the items. Plus, scavenger hunts are a great way to encourage physical activity in kids—they can run, jump and explore their environment while also having fun.
Another way scavenger hunts are educational is that they give kids a chance to practice their communication and teamwork skills. Working together with friends or family members to complete the hunt can help kids learn how to work together towards a common goal, as well as practice things like cooperation, negotiation, and problem-solving.
More Garden Fun Ideas for Kids
- Free Printable Vegetable Flashcards for a Garden Themed Unit
- My Vegetable Garden Coloring Page
- Gardening Songs and Fingerplays for Kids
Ideas for Gardening with Kids
- Hands-on Gardening Unit Study Ideas for Kids
- Gardening Unit Study for Homeschoolers: Ideas and Activities
- The Big List of Ideas for Gardening with Kids
- 10 Easy and Fun Gardening Activities to do with Kids
How to Use this Garden Scavenger Hunt
1. Print out the list and head to your nearest park or backyard to start hunting!
2. Check off each item as you find it, and see who can find the most things on the list.
3. Once they’re done, help them identify any plants or animals they found
4. Don’t forget to take some pictures of your little ones enjoying the scavenger hunt!
I hope you have fun doing this garden scavenger hunt with your kids! If you try it, let me know in the comments below how it went. I’d love to hear from you!
Free Printable Garden Scavenger Hunt
If you’ve been looking for creative outdoor ideas, why not give your kiddos a garden scavenger hunt? Whether your family lives in the city or on a farm, this free printable garden scavenger hunt is sure to spark some fun.
How to Download
Just click the button below and you’ll be taken to the download page.