Are you looking for a fun way to engage your kids in learning about the stars and constellations? With my free printable constellation lacing cards, your kids can learn all about the constellations while having fun with an exciting activity!
I have many fond memories of looking up at the sky with my kids as part of our nature studies. Homeschooling was just an excuse to do something we already loved! Nature and the world around us has always intrigued me and my kids are not different. We love exploring the outdoor world together.
These constellation lacing cards are a perfect activity for kids. This printable set includes cards for all of the major constellations. It’s a great way to teach children about astronomy, and it’s also a lot of fun.
What are Lacing Cards?
Lacing cards are a fun way to help kids learn while they play. The idea is that you print out the lacing cards, and then your child can use yarn or ribbon to lace the holes together. As they do this, it will create a 3D shape for each constellation. This is a great sensory activity for children of all ages, and it’s a great way to discuss science topics with them.
What You Need for Lacing Constellation Cards
- Cardstock or craft paper
- Yarn or ribbon
- Hole punch or sharp scissors
How to Use Constellation Lacing Cards
- Print out my free printable constellation cards onto heavy card stock and cut them out. You may wish to laminate them for more durability.
- To make the lacing holes, you can use either a hole punch or sharp scissors for each card.
- Thread the lacing yarn or ribbon through each card and tie a knot at the end.
- Once all of the cards are strung together, you can hang them up in your home to create a beautiful mobile for any room if desired!
- Or, your kids can lace and unlace their own creations for use over and over again.
Other Ways to Use Constellation Lacing Cards
Your kids can use the constellation lacing cards just like regular lacing cards. They can learn to lace and unlace, as well as develop their fine motor skills. You can also use these cards in science lessons or as part of a homeschool unit study on astronomy.
Another way to use these cards is to hold them up in front of a light in a darkened room. The light will shine through and trace the shape of the constellation on the wall. This is a great activity for preschoolers and older kids alike, as it allows them to learn more about astronomy in an engaging way.
Why Lacing Cards are a Great Activity for Young Kids
Lacing cards are a great way to help your kids learn while they play. Not only do they provide an interactive way for kids to explore the stars and constellations, but they also engage their fine motor skills. Kids can use their hands and fingers to carefully thread the yarn or ribbon through each card, which helps them develop eye-hand coordination.
Free Printable Constellation Lacing Cards
These free printable constellation lacing cards are a fun way to teach your kids all about the stars and constellations and foster a love of learning in the process. Enjoy!
How to Download
Just click on the button below and you’ll be taken to the download page.
More Nature Study Ideas
- 30 Night Time Science Ideas for Kids
- Spring Observations for Kids: A Fun Nature Study Printable
- Barred Owl | Nature Study Ideas for Homeschooling
Happy exploring and learning! I hope you have as much fun with these cards as we do. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or feedback! Thanks for reading and enjoy the stars.