This is not your average way to eat watermelon! In fact, this is one of my family’s favorite ways to eat watermelon during the summer! Today I’m sharing one of my favorite recipes for Watermelon, Feta, and Black Olive Salad.
It’s light and refreshing with a tangy dressing that will make you feel like you’re on vacation in Greece. Plus, this recipe is perfect for those days when you need something quick and easy to whip up for lunch or as a side dish at dinner time.
You’ll love this black olive and feta recipe so much it might become your new go-to summer salad! This is one that we find ourselves making over and over again because it’s just so good.
Summer is here and it’s time to get outside! This Watermelon, Feta and Black Olive Salad recipe is light enough to be served as a starter or appetizer for your summer gatherings. The flavors of the watermelon, feta cheese and black olives compliment each other without overpowering one another making this an ideal dish for any occasion.
This recipe for a Watermelon, Feta, and Black Olive Salad is perfect for summer. It’s light but satisfying with the perfect balance of salty feta cheese, sweet watermelon, and briny olives. Plus it only takes 10 or 15 minutes to make!
You don’t want to miss out on this delicious salad that will be sure to satisfy your taste buds while still keeping you cool in the heat of summer. Make this now before the season ends!
Summer brings long days and short nights, picnics on the beach, barbecues at the park. In the summer I love to lighten up my meals and eat all the freshest fruits and veggies.
This refreshing salad has less than 200 calories per serving! The perfect light supper or snack for any hot summer evening!
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 1/2 can black olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place cubed watermelon in a large serving bowl.
- Add olives, breaking each on in half with your fingers
- Top with crumbled feta and chopped mint leaves.
- Add sliced red onion if desired.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Pour dressing over watermelon mixture and toss to coat.
- Allow to chill in fridge for 1 hour before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 252mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 4g
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Delicious and Refreshing Watermelon Salad Recipes for Summer
- Healthy Summer Salads Your Family Will Love!
- Make These Berry Yogurt Popsicles for a Happy Summer!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and find it as delicious, satisfying, and light as I do. Be sure to share it with your friends using the buttons below or by tagging them in a photo on Instagram! Thank you for reading!